Friday, March 27, 2009
A friend I work with brought in this chocolate and let me have a sample of it. She let me break off some of the small milk chocolate squares. She didn't tell me what it was at the time, so I will describe what I experienced.
I took a bite.... first impression, the chocolates not bad, then my teeth hit the hard filling. Which of course was surprising! I let the chocolate and the filling melt and dissolve in my mouth. Most of the milk chocolate was melty when I started to taste hints of a flavor not usually combined with chocolate , though familiar. As the chocolate melted away, the flavor developed I was able to distinguish and identify what I called "anise". It was and still is, hard to tell what I really think about it. I don't think I would like it as an everyday candy, but it is an interesting and surprising taste. It could be used for a tasting of unusual flavors and hard textures.
All in all not one of my favorites , but I was glad to have the experience. Thanks Carole :)